Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Blog n°1.

As I am writing this, my heart is running so fast, you'd think it was training for the New York Marathon. The reason? Well, this is my first ever blog, for one. I've started this blog as a preparation for my possible enrolment at the London College of Fashion, which is, coincidentially, the second reason for my speedracer-heart. 
You see, I've always wanted to write. And I've always been very good at the grammar side of it, but I never thought I was good enough for the creative part. So I always said to people, "Sure, I'm pretty good at spelling, I'll correct this text for you", and never thought more of it. Until I graduated and had nothing left to do but hunt for job interviews - which wasn't going very well since my universitary degree didn't include an internship so I didn't have any experience to prove my skills - and I started writing tiny little articles to practice my writing. It was then that I realised: "I really like this. I want to learn more about this stuff and, who knows, maybe one day, make a living out of it." So, after submitting the Internet to some serious investigation, I found that the London College of Fashion was my place to go. Ranked #1 worldly (see fashionschools.com) when it comes to fashion journalism, this school has far more to offer than just being located in one of the world's most renowned fashion cities. Course director Nilgin Yusuf is a huge name in the industry, writing for outstanding titles such as Elle, the Sunday Times and the Daily Telegraph. She is also, in fact, the actual founder of the course that I would like to study (Fashion and Lifestyle Journalism). Also, one of the alumni profiled on the LCF website currently works for Nylon Magazine, which happens to be one of my all time favourite fashion magazines. This course seems to have everything that can saturate the constant craving in my pen (well, keypad seems more accurate - this is the 21st century, after all) and I would really, really like to get in. So that's why I finally started up this blog. From now on I'll be sharing my writing here with everyone who's interested, instead of bundling up all my literary creations in a binder that I only share with possible employers and, well, my boyfriend.
Behold, big world, a new blogger is born!
Oh so humble yet aspiringly creative,
Magali


 

2 comments:

  1. I have just discovered your blog thanks to Clio Goldbrenner.

    Good new blog ! Congratulations and welcome !

    If you want discover my blog :
    http://fashion-london-life.blogspot.com/

    Do you have Twitter ?

    X

    Olivia

    ReplyDelete