Friday, August 12, 2011

Thursday.

Well hi there!

As it happens to be a rather quiet Thursday night that I've been spending in my most comfortbable leggings polishing my nails and watching The Nanny, I felt it might be time to spend this moment writing my second blog. And why not use this opportunity to share a little more about myself? 

In the next few lines, I would like to write a little more about me: my personal style, my inspirations, my passions.


- First off, I hardly ever wear any jewelry (with one big exception about which you'll read later on). To compensate on the lack of jewelry on my body, I see nailpolish as my way of accessorizing. I have a nice collection of shades, from minty green to cleopatra-gold, but it's become pretty obvious that red is still my most trustworthy companion, returning in my collection in every possible brightness.




 - The one exception I make on my otherwise naked-of-jewelry-body? Hermès bracelets. I LOVE them! I'm very lucky to be able to say that I've actually got some in my collection (mostly thanks to my mum - who has an immacculate taste in jewelry, might I add), and I see each and every one of them as my babies. I hardly ever leave the house without one around my wrist, and when I do, I feel as though I've just walked out of the door without my pants on. And that's just not the snuggliest of feelings.



- Brigitte Bardot. Her careless beauty is just breathtaking. Point.








- Festivals. Festivals are basically the only place where Wellington boots are considered stylish. I love how at festivals, everyone feeds off the same music drug and it's like everyone is all on the same music high. Somehow, because you are at the same festival, you feel some sort of sympathy for all the other people surrounding you, and you have the best beer-inspired conversations with perfect strangers. And mostly, I love how you can live on a minimum of hygiene for three days and still look sexy as hell by pairing Wellington boots with jeans shorts and cropped blazers.





- Citytrippin'. I love exploring new cities, and revisiting the ones I've fallen madly in love with in the past. For the moment, I am obsessed with Lisbon. I've been there over the summer, and let me tell you, it is un-be-lievable. I would love to show you some pictures I took there, but very unfortunately some *** stole our handluggage on our way home. Let me just tell you this: Paris may be the most romantic city in the world, New York the hippest, Berlin the best place to party (sorry, Ibiza!) and Milan the most shopaholic, Lisbon is just the best city in the world. Nuff said.






- When I have the time (which hasn't been that often, lately, between blogging and trying to write interesting articles for my college application) I like nothing more than spending my lazy afternoon watching tv shows. Not all shows, mind you. I have my personal favs. The only thing that makes me chipper about autumn (I mean, come on: Goodbye, summer, with your delicious cocktails and great beach parties, and hello rain, scarves that still smell like closet and dark houses due to lack of sunlight) is the fact that the new seasons of my favourite shows start airing. Desperate Housewives, here I am! Gossip Girl, hold up! One Tree Hill, yes, even you manage to still move me after all those years.
Guilty pleasure? Will and Grace. Oh Jack McFarland, how you continue to crack me up.






There are so many more things that make my heart go BOOM (because some songs make you think...WTF? ), but I think this list will do for now. Time for bed!


Talk to you soon!

x Magel

No comments:

Post a Comment